Chuck Hillig's Travel Blog

Well, I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling over the next 6-7 months so I thought that I'd better re-activate my travel blog. The last time I posted anything here was way back in 2006 when I was traveling through SE Asia. Feel free to read my entries back then about my earlier adventures through India,Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, the Philippines and Hong Kong. This time (at least for the next six weeks), I'll be traveling through Greece and Turkey.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Planning the tour...

Another fairly lazy day. We had a brief thunderstorm yesterday evening but, according to my publisher, Mohan, the real monsoons won't begin hitting this area until around June 1st before continuing on to the north. Mohan and his wife, Giriji, are putting together a fairly extensive book-signing tour that's shaping up to include talks at several dozen cities throughout India...including as many as six bookstores in the New Delhi area alone. Once this tour gets launched, we're all going to be pretty busy.
However, since they're not quite ready with the books yet, I've now scheduled myself to go on a roundtrip (and open-ended flight) from Cochin to Phnom Penh, Cambodia, on Tuesday evening. I was going to fly out of Chennai (Madras) but I've decided to forego the long 13.5 hour drive across the south with my friends and, instead, to move directly into the other phase of the purpose of my journey over here. i.e. a side-trip to Cambodia. Since I can't get a direct flight to Cambodia from Cochin, I'll have to switch planes in Bangkok. In order to get a fantastic roundtrip rate, (thanks to Mohan's connections with a local travel agency), I'm also being routed through Colombo on Sri Lanka. More later as it unfolds...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home