Chuck Hillig's Travel Blog

Well, I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling over the next 6-7 months so I thought that I'd better re-activate my travel blog. The last time I posted anything here was way back in 2006 when I was traveling through SE Asia. Feel free to read my entries back then about my earlier adventures through India,Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, the Philippines and Hong Kong. This time (at least for the next six weeks), I'll be traveling through Greece and Turkey.

Monday, April 03, 2006

On the road again...

Well, I'm going to be packing it in and moving on. I've decided to take the 9 A.M. 4-hour bus trip back to Phnom Penh tomorrow. I'll hang around in that city for a few days and then find some way of getting over to Viet Nam. I was able to get my visa for US$33 from the Viet Nam Consulate here in Sihanoukville in only 15 minutes. Just mellowing out today on the beach and reading my Lonely Planet book on Southeast Asia in order to better anticipate at least some of what will show up on the next leg of the journey. As it stands now, I think that I'll be in Viet Nam for about ten days and then heading on over to Laos for the next few weeks. After that, I can re-enter Cambodia again by taking a flight south from Laos to Siem Reap in order to check out the magnificent Angkor Wat. Stay tuned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home