Chuck Hillig's Travel Blog

Well, I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling over the next 6-7 months so I thought that I'd better re-activate my travel blog. The last time I posted anything here was way back in 2006 when I was traveling through SE Asia. Feel free to read my entries back then about my earlier adventures through India,Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, the Philippines and Hong Kong. This time (at least for the next six weeks), I'll be traveling through Greece and Turkey.

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Flying to Moscow and Athens....

My smooth flight on Aeroflot left DC on time and headed NE up the coast past Nova Scotia before finally turning due east towards Moscow.  They fed us two huge meals, showed a few movies and even ran some 40-year old Tom &Jerry cartoons in the middle of the night.    Moscow is eight hours ahead of the east coast, so we left DC in the afternoon, flew into the night and landed in Moscow 9.5 hours later at 8:30 in the morning.  Then, another 3.5 hour flight to Greece.  Once in Athens, it took more than 40 minutes to get past Passport Control....maybe due to the fact that our plane had arrived from Moscow.    Athenia, the wife of my nephew, Craig, and my great-nephew, Zack, (5) met me at the airport and drove me to their home.  Coulter (8) and Craig should be showing up any time.  We'll start laying out a general outline of a  plan for my time in Greece.   More later as it unfolds.   Meanwhile, though, I've got some jet lag tagging at my eyelids..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home